Thursday, January 04, 2007

Legs Are Required For Jumping, Dancing.

What's a fire, and why does it (what's the word?) burn?

So, I cannot amuse myself today. I woke up in a rage, and I forgot my cell phone at home. I left my computer at Nick's yesterday, so I cannot faux-live in Caribou today either. Instead, I will be holed up in this desolate, windowless, ninth floor lab, alone, making my friends on the South park character generator, and half-heartedly working on a poem where I shall subtly reveal the meaning of life (but not really).

--- --- --- ---

"When you chose your wisdom teeth,
You stood in line four times."
(The doctor chuckled.)

Through his perfect, gritted teeth,
He told me I had a tough bite
(something about my bark, as well).

One week later,
When the anesthesia bit into me,
I shuddered into a colorless, poppy-affliction.

Awaking bruised and shallow,
I was some victimized man, robbed in the blunt silence of daylight,
Or a woman in the back of an unmarked van.

Their pain was not mine.
Their dignity was lost among the concrete
(and my wisdom was floating in the jar next to me).

--- --- --- ---

I apologize for that poem. It's the best I can do in fluorescent lighting.

I am also being a cheap designer whore (eBay is my love). Someone finally has the Dolce necklace I want up, and it's only eighty bucks! (Haha, I say 'only' because it was in the severe hundreds before.) However, I have absolutely no money. Even after working at this ridiculously high-paying job, I am still paying back money that I used for splurges at the U (and Target). I feel like there will be less of these next semester (along with less starbucks dates and just less friends in general <3 ).

You get me oh so simply.

No comments: