Saturday, August 04, 2007

Lilies and Such

Things that make me happy ::
Getting pictures in the mail, voicemails from someone I love in New Zealand, running in the rain, resurrecting near-death flowers, lists of unparallel items, matching fish, driving for three hours to see someone for two, laying around on gloomy days when you never have to feel bad about being unproductive, kissing quickly and checking to see if anyone saw, laughing to yourself, getting flowers, giving flowers, growing flowers, singing lyrics that don't make you sound ridiculous, one-hour road-trips, cobra lilies and jack johnson (preferably in conjunction with one another), wovens for nineteen-ninety, leaving the fitch on august 17th, etc.

There are so very few things that can make me feel as perfect as I do when I'm peeling off wet clothes after a run in the rain.

Things that make me feel like crying ::
The number thirty five and the letter double you.
Em. Eye. Ess. Ess. Eye. Ess. Ess. Eye. Pea. Pea. Eye.
Seventy hour work weeks.

So, when the things that make me happy grossly outweigh the things that make me sad, why do I still feel a little sick to my stomach?

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

it's something in the air. i've been feeling very similar. something's a bit....off. don't work yourself to death, john! all work and no play makes john a dull boy.