Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Love is Just a Click Away

I'm pretty sure that I literally sent around 30 Facebook wall messages in the last hour. That's how fun work is right now! I've been here for about two hours, and so I've got a little over six left. Good times. Honestly, how many of those messages were meaningful dialogue worthy of attention? Not many, and even fewer were actually amusing. They're mostly littered with "I miss you"s and "I haven't seen you in like forever"s and even a few "call me so we can get together"s. The sad truth is that I just don't make time.

Main issue that I need to focus on today: I can't be best friends with everyone. I'm spreading my relationships much too thin. I literally have about 10 people that I consider myself really close friends with. That's unnatural, and it frustrates all of them when they learn that I don't have time for lunch/dinner with them more than once a week. There are only 14 meals in a week that I can share with someone, and I eat with someone different at most of them. My time is wearing thin, and so is my wallet, but my waist isn't. I need to find ways to keep in touch without giving up money and gaining weight. My freshmen 15 is here a year early, and any more weight, I'll look like a fat version of my eighth grade self.

"OMG, I haven't seen you in forever. I miss my favorite lunch date! Call me sometime this weekend so we can get together." The problem is that sometimes I mean it, and sometimes I say it because I don't have anything to say. I also feel like more and more people have been calling me since I came out. Everyone wants a gay friend, because it's so hip.

Well, I guess that means I'm the newest accessory. …rock on...

No comments: