Thursday, November 02, 2006

Our Hell Ends Every Weekend

(but it's all I have to believe in).

So. My life is a large, angry spasm of tests and homework.
Tuesday - Physics Lab Report and Presentation
Wednesday - Calc Test
Thursday - Derivative Test (Ugh)
Friday - Physics Test, Chem Paper/Lab Due
Weekend -- I have assloads to catch up on already
Monday - Chem Test
Wednesday - Fiction Portfolio Due

But then I'm off free until the day before Thanksgiving! So, I'm giving thanks until then.

Generally, I sh/could be adding to the insane amount of time i've spent studying for this bitch of a physics test, but I decided to take a minute to reacquaint myself with the fabulous world of the internet. Oh how I have missed you so.

I have taken to basically living at Coffman (the U's student union, for those of you less acquainted with my surroundings) with a coffee and my homework. People probably think I sleep there in the abnormally comfortable chairs. The study lounge three rooms away is finally open after the people in extended housing moved out, but at Coffman I can sit by large windows and get distracted by cars and people with cool shoes.

Besides, homework for the sake of homework is definitely overrated. I would only do that if I wished to actually know physics. Instead, I am literally working on memorizing the problems, because most of the tests so far has consisted of questions straight from the homework. 10 per 3 chapters. Call me crazy. I am. Actually, I've been quite impressed with my determination lately. If I was this hardcore about everyday situations, I probably would have taken over the world by now.

I have only one bit of news. Yesterday I was greeted by some brand new friends with a banana-nut "diversity muffin." The poem on the piece of paper was brilliant (though probably had anthrax on it or something, don't take muffins from strangers).

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Beth is a Lutheran,
and Becca's a Jew.

Embrace diversity!

Love,
John

(Ps: I'm just a guy that never tried. I'm just a stupid fuck with brilliant luck, and sometimes a bright idea.)

No comments: