Thursday, August 17, 2006

I Saw The Look In Your Eye

I've decided.
I need to be rescued.

…except I'm not entirely sure what I mean when I say that. Minds rush to EMTs in ambulances (the hospice is…) or knights in shining armor with swords to strike down dragons. It's completely ambiguous, but so fully meaningful at the same time. I need to try and health-up my life and I need to work out and be motivated to write and be strong… and I need to motivate someone else to do the same…

I think…
To let you save me, I need to save you.
It's a most inconvenient paradox.

I would be heavenly,
if, baby, you'd just rescue me now.

I'm ready to leave, but I need someone to push me out the door. I'm throwing pebbles on love's window and all I need is for the light to come on and the shades to open. My mind just soaks in the rain, and I need someone to wring it out with a kiss. It's always hard to tell if you're simply wading in love… or if love is drowning you. My head is spinning.

Sometimes things just get you. Like how Matt Nathanson and Ben Folds in the rain can break my heart. Now that I have found someone… I'm feeling more alone,

…then I ever have before.

No comments: